As the Coronavirus problem progress, our understanding of the issues and the support provided by government changes .
Shown below are some links to documents you may find helpful especially in the case of Personnel matters and tax:
|a)||Key actions for Tax Matters when dealing with the COVID19 crisis. We have here a simple one page guide to key aspects of the Governments’ support for business through the tax system.||Click Here|
|b)||A step guide to furloughing employees. |
Many employers have not recognised the risks to their businesses by not undertaking the process of furloughing an employee within the Contract of Employment or their written agreement.
|c)||How to find specialist HR advice at a reasonable price in this difficult time. If you have suffered high prices or cannot afford the likes of say Peninsular, I have an alternative cost effective and highly flexible solution.||Click Here|
|d)||Universal Credit. |
Your staff may need help. Here is a guide to this benefit.
The tax support in a) above is fairly straightforward. The employee management problems in b) are fraught with risk. Get it wrong and you may find your business in an employment tribunal.
These reports above are provided by a community of accountants to which we belong. TAG Community is an organisation that helps accountants like myself punch above our weight in supporting our clients. We can assist you secure the future of your business in the following areas:
- Cash Flow Management – Many businesses have survived downturns using cash forecasting. This is a process that help you manage receipts from customers and payments to suppliers, lenders and HMRC in a structured manner. We are experts at this. If you are struggling, we can help.
- Overhead Cost Reduction – Onerous and/or expensive contracts exist everywhere. What was once good value is often now inappropriate or bad value. We can help you find alternative providers. Usually we work on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- Specialist HR advice and support for small business owners – Keep the employment tribunals away from your business and ensure your workforce are treated fairly. This has never been such a topical problem. Talk to our advisors as soon as possible.
- Legal Support – Even before the Covid19 crisis is over, there will be myriad problems in getting paid and enforcing contracts. We have the legal team to help you through these problems.
- Insolvency & Recovery – Sometimes, a business comes to an end naturally or through bad luck or decisions made in good times that do not work in bad times. There is often some light at the end of the tunnel if a business owner gets the right advice before the creditors come calling. Get in touch if you worry about these matters.
- Mortgages – Refinancing existing property can provide the funds to see you through the crisis. We can also re-broker loans on portfolios.
- Corporate Finance – there is secured and unsecured finance available for business transfer transactions.